For many parents, the arrival of a new baby also marks the start of healthier habits. To get ready for new adventures, parents can start with a diaper bag stocked with baby essentials that all meet Whole Foods Market’s® strict quality standards. To help, we’ve compiled a list of top 10 diaper bag must-haves.
1. Diapers, of course! Instead of disposable diapers that are made with chlorine and artificial scents, try diapers that are latex, fragrance and dye-free like Whole Foods Market’s 365 Everyday Value®Diapers that keep baby dry and comfortable on the go.
2. Baby Wipes – Try the 365 Everyday Value® Wipes. Made with soothing aloe vera, vitamin E and free of petroleum-derived ingredients, chlorine or artificial fragrance.
3. A multipurpose diaper cream like California Baby Calendula Diaper Cream with concentrated levels of soothing calendula in a light and fluffy formula that absorbs easily and calms baby’s skin.
4. For a quick clean-up, bring along a bottle of travel sized 365 Everyday Value® Hand Sanitizer Gel to squash/kill germs in a flash.
5. A BPA free baby bottle with organic, age-appropriate formula like Earth’s Best Organic Infant Formula.
6. Sunscreen for impromptu trips to the park, beach or playground. Badger Sunscreen Baby SPF 30+ provides broad spectrum protection with zinc oxide and soothing moisturizers like organic beeswax, jojoba and cocoa butter. It’s also water resistant for 40 minutes and has no oxybenzone, octisalate, octinoxate, avobenzone or added fragrance so it’s a smart pick for baby’s sensitive skin.
7. A pacifier to comfort. Eco Pacifier and Green Sprouts pacifiers are BPA, PVC, phthalate and paraben-free.
8. Changing diapers and frequent hand washing can leave mom and dad’s hands dry. Replenish dry skin with 365 Everyday Value® Maximum Moisture Lotion packed with vitamin E, macadamia oil and shea butter. This lavish,yet lightly-scented lotion meets Whole Foods Market’s Premium Body Care™ standards, which means the product and has no parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate, artificial fragrance and no animal ingredients or testing.
9. A change of clothes and blanket. Green Babies and Under the Nile offer cute and comfy options made with organic cotton and no synthetic dyes.
10. New mommies and daddies need energy on the go, so don’t forget a snack like the delicious NEW Amazing Grass Green Superfood Whole Food Energy Bar made with raw cold-processed superfoods and no added sugar.