We all know that dads love tools, tech and grilling gadgets, but for Father’s Day, what most dads want is to spend quality time with their children. Showing dad how much you love him doesn’t mean spending hours at the mall picking out a shirt that he may only wear once. Getting crafty with photos or making his favorite meal will mean more than anything.
7 Simple Ways to Show Dad You Love Him
1. Stitch him a message – create a special message for Dad by using the new, free app Stitch. It gives you templates that can be personalized with your own photos, music and text. See example:
2. Laugh at his jokes – even if Dad isn’t the funniest guy in the world, throw him a bone this Father’s Day and laugh when he tells his usual “what happens when a sandwich walks into a bar” joke. It will make him feel good.
3. Give him TV privileges – whether Dad wants to watch the U.S. Open, a History Channel documentary or the Matrix for the 50th time, it’s his day to enjoy all the boring TV he wants.
4. Frame a picture – one of the best presents you can give a parent is a framed picture of the two of you. Open the box of pictures in the guest room closet, find a great picture, buy a frame and wrap it up.
5. Make his favorite meal – spoil Dad by making his favorite dinner and dessert. Make sure you accompany it with his favorite refreshing beverage.
6. Do his chores – if Dad has a daily honey-do list, take those chores off his hands. No Dad should take out the garbage on Father’s Day.
7. Give him a hug and say “I love you” – it’s as simple as that.