With winter over, I thought I would share a few simple tips that will turn your house from "eh" to "ooh".
These tips, applied in your own personal way, can really bring out the cheerful side and allow you to enjoy the new warmer weather and the freshness of your home.
Freshen Up Flower Beds
Do you have mulch in your flower beds? It is amazing what fresh mulch can do! It wasn't until recently that I realized how reasonable mulch is! My favorite is the Red Mulch & Scotts Florida Select Natural Eucalyptus Mulch. You probably won't need that many bags, unless you have a gigantic yard. Mulch helps you achieve your goals at creating and maintaining a garden by using sustainable gardening practices.
Before you get started, make sure you have all your gardening supplies handy and everything you need to turn this flower bed into something beautiful. You need to make sure you have the proper tools. To be honest, when sprucing up the garden, I just use the following:
1. Rake (to evenly distribute the mulch)
2. Gloves (to avoid splinters and keep your hands clean)
3. Seasonal Plants
4. Mulch (Scotts Florida Select Mulch or Scotts Nature Scapes Mulch)
For our flower beds that trail the front of our house, we used a total of 5 bags and spent less than $20! Definitely reasonable and worth it. Mulch, although it lasts a while, can sometimes need a little "refreshing" especially if you chose a colored mulch like red. One thing my husband pointed out, you want to frame your flower beds with either stones, brick or fence so the mulch will not wash away into the yard.
Florida Select Mulch is made from 100% Florida-grown Eucalyptus. Eucalyptus Mulch is a sustainable Cypress alternative, grown in Florida, for Florida!
Eucalyptus Mulch is the best option for your landscape because it is:
1. SUSTAINABLE: Sustainably-harvested and plantation grown Eucalyptus is considered a renewable resource because it re-grows up to 4-times faster than Cypress.*
2. NATURAL: Made from 100% plantation-grown Eucalyptus trees. Eucalyptus Mulch is guaranteed free from any construction, demolition, pallet, or other waste materials.
3. EFFECTIVE: Prevents weeds naturally** while helping to conserve soil moisture and moderate soil temperature.
4. LOCAL: 100% Florida-grown – helps support your local economy.
Some other options:
Scotts Nature Scapes mulch
Scotts® Nature Scapes® mulch as an option for their lanscaping needs this Spring! It comes in 3 different colors: Classic Black, Sierra Red, and Deep Forest Brown and they’re natural forest products – no waste wood and come in a variety of textures. Scotts Mulch helps to maintain moisture, prevent weeds, and create a groomed landscape all year long.