After sending homemade cards for Valentines Day and other holidays, my extended family is awaiting their Easter cards. I decided to use thumb and finger prints to create a bunny and little chicks for our Hoppy Easter card. An easy card that is fun and memorable.
Watercolor Paper – Folded in Half
Red Washable Paint
White Washable Paint
Yellow Washable Paint
Pink (or any color sharpie)
1. Fold the water color paper in half.
2. Using a ruler or I used my stencil as it was a perfect rectangle, use the pink (or colored sharpie) and make a rectangle.
3. Place the yellow paint and the red and white mixed together to create the perfect shade of pink on a plate. Using the thumb for the bunny, dunk in the pink paint and press once on the watercolor paper. To make the chicks, dunk any other finger in yellow and make baby chicks. We chose to make four but any number will do. Make sure to help and press the finger down. While your child may do it on their own, I promise it is worth the added seconds to be sure, to get the best prints.
4. Let the paint finger prints dry overnight is best, or at least for two hours.
5. Once the cards are dry use the sharpie to turn the fingerprints into a bunny or chick.
6. Using the Stencil set we wrote Hoppy Easter at the top. And colored it in.
7. Inside your card is ready for a personalized message.