On special occasions, my grandmother would make a delicious pineapple stuffing that we would eat with ham. This recipe is a variation of that and one that we like to make when we are in the mood for some pineapple (which is often). I recently posted this recipe on FOODIE and thought I’d share it here with you.
2 16oz cans crushed pineapple, undrained
8 eggs, beaten
10-12 slices of white bread, crusts removed (and tossed)
1 cup butter, melted
1 dash cinnamon
1 1/2 cup sugar
1. Gather all your ingredients together. Since most crushed pineapple comes in 20oz cans, you will have to measure how much you need, as seen in the picture
2. Cut the crusts off the bread and tear them into pieces (as seen in picture 4)
3. Beat eggs in separate bowl
4. Melt butter in a pot on the stove (medium heat) and slowly add in sugar and pineapple. Cook for 3 minutes. Once melted, pour pineapple mixture in with the beaten eggs and stir until mixed
5. Once mixed, add in the bread pieces slowly and coat well
6. Pour mixture in baking dish and top with a dash of cinnamon
7. Bake at 350f for 1hr. If still runny, bake for 15 more minutes. Depending on how you like your stuffing. I prefer mine to be a little more firm, so I baked mine for 1hr 30mins
8. It’s done! Serve with pineapple and enjoy
Have you had pineapple stuffing before? I’ve found it to be delicious with ham. What about you?
Dole is calling ALL COOKS and hosting a contest and sweepstakes directly on their facebook page. For the contest, you can enter your original starter or appetizer recipe using at least one cup of any Dole product for a chance to win a trip to Los Angeles where you’ll compete at The Grove in the 2012 Dole California Cook-Off judged by Celebrity Chef Ben Ford. In addition to the trip, the winning recipe contestant will also receive a cash prize of $10,000 and the two runners up will each receive a cash prize of $1,000!
As for the sweepstakes, you can enter your email address on the Dole CA Cook-Off for a chance to win the sweepstakes prize, which is a trip to Los Angeles to be the Dole Fan Judge joining Chef Ben Ford and a distinguished panel of judges in crowning the winner of the 2012 Dole California Cook-Off! In addition to the trip, the sweepstakes winner will receive a cash prize of $500.
Compensation was provided by Dole via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Dole.