This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of AllWhites Egg Whites. All opinions are 100% mine.
When it comes to breakfast ideas that are quick & easy and can be made ahead of time, there is something that comes to mind instantly: Frittata Bites.
Frittata Bites can be frozen and reheated for when you are in a rush or need a quick bite before walking out the door. They are easy to customize and add your own ingredients to. You can make them a little healthier by using egg whites if you want to keep them low-calorie.
AllWhites Egg Whites are a convenient, fat-free, cholesterol-free and low-calorie alternative to regular eggs – ideal when it comes to fueling your fitness goals and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. They’re a lean source of protein and can be used in any recipe that calls for eggs.
AllWhites Egg White products are:
– 100% liquid egg whites with no yolk
– Naturally fat-free, cholesterol-free
– Located in the refrigerated dairy section
– Can be a healthy alternative to recipes that call for eggs
– A lean source of protein that’s easily kept on hand
– 0 PointsPlus® value per serving on the Weight Watchers® program
I decided to use the AllWhites Egg Whites and make Cheesy Frittata Bites. I recreated the recipe and made my own version. However, I want to also share with you the version they share on their website. It’s just so delicious. Check out all the AllWhites Egg Whites Favorites.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium leeks, halved and sliced*
- 2-1/2 cup AllWhites® egg whites
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Crystal Farms® finely shredded Italian 6-Cheese Blend
Heat oven to 325°F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and leeks; cook and stir about 4 minutes or until tender. Cool.
Beat AllWhites egg whites, salt, Italian seasoning, nutmeg and pepper together in large bowl. Stir in spinach, tomatoes, leek mixture, and ¾ cup cheese until well blended.
Spread mixture in prepared pan; sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup cheese. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until center is set. Cool on wire rack.
Lift frittata from pan, using foil. Cut into 2-inch squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.
We are giving away coupons for a month’s worth of AllWhites Egg Whites. Leave a comment below and let us know what you’d like to make! Make sure you visit AllWhites Egg Whites on Pinterest and AllWhites Egg Whites on Facebook.