Prep Time15 minutes
Total Time15 minutes
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for skillet
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups Everyday Baking Mix, spooned and leveled
- 1/3 cup store-bought chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup pistachio or vanilla ice cream
- In a medium bowl, whisk together butter, egg, and 2/3 cup milk. Add baking mix; whisk just until moistened (do not overmix; a few small lumps are fine).
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place a baking sheet in oven to warm. Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium; very lightly butter surface. Drop batter by 2 tablespoonfuls onto skillet; cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. With a thin spatula, flip pancakes, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer pancakes to baking sheet in oven; cover loosely with aluminum foil. Continue to make pancakes with remaining batter, adding more butter to skillet as necessary (you should have a total of about 12 pancakes).
- In a small saucepan, combine chocolate hazelnut spread with remaining 1/3 cup milk. Bring to a simmer over medium-low; whisk until smooth. Serve pancakes topped with chocolate hazelnut sauce and ice cream.
Transfer cooked pancakes to a baking sheet, and keep them in a warm oven until the chocolate hazelnut sauce is ready.
Our friend Sarah Carey, editor-in-chief of Everyday Food® Magazine just launched her delicious “How-To” series on YouTube. A 13-year veteran of the Martha Stewart test kitchen, Sarah is an expert in converting culinary classics into easy and convenient meals for the family.
Tune in to Sarah’s Everyday Food YouTube Channel Monday through Friday as Sarah introduces viewers to fresh meal ideas like Simple Potato Gnocchi, Crispy Beef Tacos, Fudgy Pecan Brownies and Glazed Citrus Doodles.