As mentioned in our last gardening post, last year, my husband and I made the decision to replace the mulch in our flower beds with red lava rock. It was a great decision and I wanted to make sure we did it correctly, or so I tried. We laid down "weed blocker" which is almost like a thick tarp to kill the weeds and keep them from growing. However, thick grass and a few weeds have still managed to make their way through the weed blocker and have caused an issue. It's hard to keep the rocks weed-free and maintained at this point.
Thankfully, we discovered Scotts Turf Builder which is an existing lawncare product designed specifically for southern grass and weeds. A new, more effective formula that’s guaranteed to clear out listed weeds including dollarweed and clover is being rolled out this spring, in two markets in Florida.
To spread the word about Scotts Bonus S, there will be events that are taking place this month where Scotts associates will be to answer questions about Bonus S and provide tips for all lawn & garden questions. Details of the events below:
Ft. Myers Trophy Tour
March 8th 10am-2pm The Home Depot #6975 2508 Skyline Boulevard Cape Coral, FL 33914
March 15th 10am-2pm Lowes #592 1651 N E Pine Island Rd, Cape Coral, FL 33909
Theme: Trophy Tour
– World Series Trophy on-site (for March 8th event)
– Boston RedSox mascot “Wally” at store from 11AM-12PM both Saturdays
– Blow up speed pitch game
On-Site Radio Remote
– 10AM to 12PM
– Bonus Red Sox Championship Gear
– Branded Scotts/MLB Products: pens, baseballs, etc
– Spring Training Tickets to see the Boston Red Sox
– Each Saturday, one VIP Package will be given away which will include game tickets, gift bag, and a pre-game tour of Jet Blue Park!
– Scotts product giveaways
– Product coupons with discounts off the NEW BONUS S!!
We hope you can make it out and talk gardening and baseball season, all at the same time. :)