We recently fell in love with Apple Park and had a chance to check out their adorable kids blog. They posted an article about Eco-Friendly Household Cleaning Recipes and we asked if we could share a few with you!
They said: “One look at the supermarket’s aisle for cleaning products reveals chemicals, chemicals and more chemicals! Sure, these products will remove dirt, grime, and bacteria, but why would you replace them with more toxicity!? We at Apple Park encourage every home to be as free from chemicals and toxic substances as much as possible, so we’ve developed this list of some great cleaning recipes that are eco-friendly and easy!”
Ingredints you’ll need:
distilled white vinegar, baking soda, essential oils, hydrogen peroxide, lemon juice, tea tree oil, vegetable-based soaps, vegetable-based detergents, glycerin, grapefruit seed extract, and club soda. If your tap water is hard, you’ll want to use purified water (or switch out soaps for detergents).
- General Household Cleaner: Vinegar and water mixed together. Vinegar is an excellent disinfectant, deodorizer, and anti-fungal agent. To disinfect countertops (especially when exposed to meat), spray on vinegar followed by hydrogen peroxide. Cutting boards can be cleaned using lemon juice.
- Sinks & Showers: Create a cleaning paste with baking soda and liquid vegetable-based soap or detergent. Scrub-a-dub!
- Windows: ½ cup vinegar, 2 cups water, optional squirt of liquid soap – put in a spray bottle and use a newspaper. Other alternatives are to use club soda or lemon juice.
- Drains: Start with ½ cup of baking soda, then 1 cup of white vinegar. The kids will love this home-made volcano! Follow this with ¼ cup lemon juice, and finally 1 gallon of hot water.
- Air Freshener: 5-10 drops of fragrant essential oils on a nice-looking open container of baking soda. Also, improve air quality with lots of effective plants.
You can see the full post and other recipes by clicking over to their blog here.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.