This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of CORT Furniture Rental. All opinions are 100% mine.
Summer has always been a time for change. Whether relocating the family, taking a trip to your summer home, or even traveling temporarily for work or military, It’s all the same, change.
Packing up your things and moving whether temporary or permanent certainly can be a headache. Of course, there are things that you always want to bring with you, but many times it feels like it’s easier to leave your old beat up furniture at home and start over all again. Fortunately thanks to CORT, A Berkshire Hathaway Company, this very thing can become possible.
CORT and its family of trained professionals can not only help you furnish your place for however long you need them to, but they can also help you navigate your new area and even find a new place to live.
If you’re in transition, moving to a new town and just feeling out the area, making a big purchase of furniture and similar household items might not be the best decision. Take some of the pressure off and ease into your new area with the help of CORT. There’s no sense in wasting your valuable time and money picking out expensive furniture when you can rent and have your temporary spot furnished.
Time and money are two things that are both extremely valuable. I will be honest, it takes a lot of time and a lot of money both for me to have to pack up all my old dingy, hand-me-down furniture and move into a new place. What would make it simpler is showing up and having my place furnished for me. There’s nothing like some furniture on-demand (there when you need it, gone when you no longer need it). Anything that can help me move with less hassle is indeed a valuable resource.
If you aren’t sold on the idea of renting furniture, here are my top 5 tips why I would rent instead of buy:
1. If you are able to, there is nothing like packing up and going. The only thing that ties many of us down are the possessions we have accumulated over the years. Questions like “will they fit into a new place?” or “who will help me move them” plague into staying put. Knowing that CORT has a solution opens that door.
2. Moving to a new town can be tricky. If you aren’t sure about the areas for the schools, many times renting is the perfect solution. You might not be in your dream house yet so it doesn’t make sense to buy your dream furniture yet either. By renting you don’t have to make any commitments two pieces of furniture that may not to go with your dream home.
3. Your new area might not be permanent. If you have relocated for a job, it would make sense to see if that job works out before you pull the trigger on some brand-new gear. Even a move for the military can be temporary in the scheme of things so there’s no reason to add another headache to the list, have CORT furnish it for when you need it and pick it up for when you don’t.
4. Offset the cost of moving. We all know it can be pretty expensive to move especially if you’re moving far away. It’s nice to have a little bit of money put away for the unexpected. If you’re moving somewhere and have not yet found a job this is even more true. The last thing you need is to drop another huge chunk of cash on furnishing a new spot. Renting from CORT is very economical and can easily be fit into a well-planned the budget.
5. You have kids. For the first couple of years, children and furniture are an absolute disaster. It just doesn’t make sense to buy when you are a new family starting out. That perfect couch will soon be covered in chocolate milk, and your favorite chair will be covered in all the other various accidents A young child can create. Save yourself a headache and rent until your children are old enough to keep your furniture clean.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.