Recycling is one of the easiest and most beneficial ways we can all help the environment. Sadly, only about 30% of PET plastic bottles get recycled. For recycling to work, we all have to do our part.
Unfortunately, not all plastic bottles are made with recycled plastic. It’s Arrowheads goal to continue increasing the use of recycled materials in their bottles, but they need everyone’s help. Currently, there isn’t enough recycled plastic available for Arrowhead to make 100% rPET bottles.
Make recycling a part of your family’s routine and here’s how you can do that:
1. Reduce Paper & Ink –
Print double side and black and white.
2. Insulated Windows –
New insulated, double pane windows can slash energy loss by 40% per window.
3. Adjust Thermostat –
Set your thermostat a couple of degrees higher in summer and a few degrees lower in winter—it will save energy and reduce your bill.
4. Full Load in Dishwasher –
Fill your dishwasher and washing machine with a full load – save water electricity and money on cleaners.
5. Save Water –
Install low-flow showerheads and take shorter showers to save water, energy and money.
Facts about Recycling
1. U.S. plastic beverage bottle recycling rates are only at about 30%
2. 2.8 Billion plastic bottles ended up in California landfills in 2011
3. Even though a package says it is “100% recycleABLE”, that does not mean it is made with recyclED plastic. It just means it CAN BE recycled. In fact, most containers are not made of recycled plastic.
Arrowhead’s new ReBorn™ Bottle
1. Arrowhead’s new ReBorn™ bottle is made with 50% recycled plastic and demonstrates how the plastic you recycle can be given a new life.
2. Due to the limited supply of high quality recycled plastic, we need your help in recycling so companies like Arrowhead® 100% Mountain Spring Water can use more recycled plastic in our products!
Not all water is created equal. With a heritage dating back to 1894, Arrowhead® Brand 100% Mountain Spring Water comes only from carefully selected mountain springs that are continually replenished. What starts out as rain and snow, soaks into the ground and is filtered naturally by the earth with a distinct balance of minerals to create our crisp refreshing taste.
Head on over to the Arrowhead Facebook page, and watch “Recycling Is A Beautiful Thing”, a video on the beauty of recycling and Arrowhead’s initiative. While on the Arrowhead Facebook page, you can also watch other videos around Arrowhead’s recycling initiatives.
This article is sponsored by Arrowhead Waters
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.