When it comes to bedtime, you have to follow a strict routine with my daughter if you want any sort of successful sleep schedule. We didn’t learn this until she was older unfortunately.
If we want to achieve a successful night of sleep, we must do the following:
1. Start the routine an hour before bedtime. First up, bath time & jammies.
2. Snacks. If you don’t do snacks AFTER bath, she will forget she even had a snack and ask for another. We just learned this. Ahead of it now, kid.
3. Brush teeth & go potty.
4. Say prayers, sing lullaby, tuck in bed.
5. Cater to a few excuses and ups and downs, mostly tuck back in bed and say goodnight.
6. Make sure night lights are on and stuffed animals are in bed.
7. Goodnight, sleep tight. Don’t even MENTION the bed bugs biting. Big mistake.
Enter your lullaby video in the Celestial Seasonings® ‘Sing your way to Sleepytime Contest’ for the opportunity to win a $5,000 Pottery Barn® gift card and transform your bedroom into a cozy, sleep-friendly space!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Celestial Seasonings®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.