In honor of National Coffee Ice Cream Day on September 6th, we are going to share a few of our favorite coffee ice cream recipes this week!
Today, we have Café Au Lait Ice Cream!
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
4 large egg yolks
2/3 cup granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
1 NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Café Au Lait capsule, brewed according to package directions (6.1 fl. oz.)
1/3 cup NESTLÉ Toll House Dark Chocolate Morsels, chopped (optional)
· HEAT milk and heavy cream in medium saucepan over medium heat just until hot (do not boil). Remove from heat.
· BEAT egg yolks, sugar and salt in large mixer bowl until well combined. Very slowly beat in the milk mixture until combined.
· POUR mixture back into saucepan; heat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture reaches 160° F. This should take about 12 minutes. Do not boil. Stir in coffee. Place mixture in refrigerator for 1 hour or until cool.
· POUR mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. During the last few minutes of churning, add the chopped morsels.
· SERVE immediately for a soft-serve texture or transfer to a covered container and freeze for a firmer texture.
Recipe courtesy of Nescafé Dolce Gusto, a leader in specialty coffee beverages.