I’m so excited for fall, that’s all I have to say about that.
· 1-1/2 cups whole milk
· 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
· 4 large egg yolks
· 2/3 cup granulated sugar
· Pinch of salt
· 1 NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Chai Tea Latte milk capsule, brewed according to package directions (4 fl. oz.)
· 1 NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Chai Tea Latte tea capsule, brewed according to package directions (3.4 fl. oz.)
· HEAT milk and cream in medium saucepan over medium heat just until hot (do not boil). Remove from heat.
· BEAT egg yolks, sugar and salt in large mixer bowl until well combined. Very slowly beat in the milk mixture until combined.
· POUR mixture back into saucepan; heat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture reaches 160° F. This should take about 12 minutes. Do not boil. Stir in chai tea latte. Place mixture in refrigerator for 1 hour or until cool.
· POUR mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
· SERVE immediately for a soft-serve texture or transfer to a covered container and freeze for a firmer texture.
Recipe courtesy of Nescafé Dolce Gusto, a leader in specialty coffee beverages.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.