This policy is valid from 01 March 2011
This blog is a collaborative blog written by a group of individuals. For questions about this blog, please contact us via our form.
This blog may accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. If we do accept any form of payment, we will state so in the blog post. We do not attempt to conceal or hide our sponsorships. All posts have not been sponsored monetarily unless otherwise stated.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
Modern Day Moms took the Blog With Integrity pledge. What does that mean? Well, we signed the pledge, we assert that the trust of our readers is important to us. We also feel that the blogging community is important to us. We treat others respectfully, we do not attack people. We welcome respectful disagreement with our own ideas. We believe in intellectual property rights, providing links, citing sources, and crediting inspiration where appropriate. We disclose our material relationships, policies and business practices. Our readers will know the difference between editorial, advertorial, and advertising, should we choose to have it. If we do sponsored or paid posts, they are clearly marked at the bottom so that you will know. When collaborating with marketers and PR professionals, we handle ourselves professionally and abide by basic journalistic standards. We always present our honest opinions to the best of our ability. We own our words.
In case you were wondering, all opinions of products are strictly our own. We review products for the sole purpose of letting other moms know what we think, not for the enjoyment of getting a free product. We review the products as we test them out or as we’ve seen them tested. Most of the products reviewed here on this site are provided by us personally and are products we have in our own homes. When a company offers to giveaway a product on our site, we make sure we support that product and would use it ourselves. We wouldn’t want to feature something on this site that we aren’t fans of ourselves.
Below are our giveaway guidelines. With all the giveaways we have going on, and will continue to provide, we felt it was necessary to include guidelines not only for ourselves but for the participants.
– Giveaway Winners have 48 hours to respond to our e-mail letting them know they’ve won. If we did not hear a response within 48 hours, we will re-draw.
– As of September 11th, 2011 – Winner can only win 1 giveaway within a 1 month span. If recent winner is chosen again, giveaway winner will be redrawn.
– The promotions or giveaways we offer on Modern Day Moms are not intended for anyone under the age of 18;
– The promotions or giveaways we offer on Modern Day Moms are not open to individuals who reside in a country embargoed by the United States;
– All giveaway winners need to be US based unless otherwise noted. If we work with a brand who is not in the US, we would be happy to open up the contest to wherever the company is able to ship within the guidelines above. Most of the time, US and Canada only.
– The promotions or giveaways we offer on Modern Day Moms are not to promote any of the following product categories: gambling, tobacco, firearms, prescription drugs, or gasoline;
– The prize or any part of the prize will never include alcohol, tobacco, dairy, firearms, or prescription drugs;
– The promotions or giveaways we offer on Modern Day Moms will never be sweepstakes that conditions entry upon the purchase of a product, completion of a lengthy task, or other form of consideration.
– We acknowledge a complete release of Facebook by each entrant or participant.
– The promotions or giveaways we offer on Modern Day Moms are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
– We will never ask you to “like” any page per a contest entry but our own directly from our facebook page. However, from our blog post, we may suggest that you like a page.
– We will not notify winners through Facebook, such as through Facebook messages, chat, or posts on profiles or Pages. We will notify winners through e-mail.
– The giveaways we offer on Modern Day Moms will come from the blog and not from our facebook page.
Guest Bloggers & Guest Posts
All articles that are submitted become property of Modern Day Moms and should not be duplicated on any other blog, especially after article is written and published on this site. If you do want to include the article you wrote on your personal blog, please include only an excerpt and a link to the original post on Modern Day Moms.
We will not post an article that has already been previously written on another blog.
We will always give proper credit to articles including information about blogger, proper credit with links and other various information that is provided from blogger.
Contributors & Editors
As of February 2012, All articles that are submitted to Modern Day Moms become property of this site and should not be duplicated on any other blog, especially after the article is written and published on this site. Once you publish the article, you agree that Modern Day Moms has the rights to the post even after you no longer contribute to the site, moderndaymoms.com
You are more than welcome to include a link, excerpt and photo to the original post from your blog, as long as proper credit is cited.
Does Modern Day Moms accept sponsors from companies?
Yes, but it depends. We welcome any company who has a product that we can relate to within reason. If you feel that you do and would like to sponsor us by placing your banner in our sidebar for advertisement, learn more about it on this page.
Do you write what companies want you to write or are your reviews written from your own personal experience?
All reviews are written from our own experience and come from us. We do not falsely advertise a product. We support and like every single feature that is on the site.
I think you should write about a product that I love. How can you do this for me?
If you know of a product that you’d like to see on the site, please send us an e-mail and let us know about it!
What is Modern Day Moms about?
This site is a collaborative effort between a group of moms who are passionate about being mothers and about the things that make life a bit easier. Learn more about the site here.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Our designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is:
contact (at) moderndaymoms.com
For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to untoldbusiness.com customer service. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 9, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
- If you believe that your Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the Content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the Content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Phoenix, Arizona, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
- If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, we may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed Content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at our sole discretion.