The internet is a wonderful thing. Gone are the days when you had to actually browse your cookbooks to come up with ideas for this week’s meals. Now, I browse the internet. This recipe for Easy Garlic Chicken from Food.com is probably one of my favorite chicken dishes, ever. Ever.
Below is a modified version. The original recipe called for 500 degrees which I felt was a little unnecessary. Another thing, 3 tablespoons of olive oil works much better than 3 teaspoons.
The best part about this dish is the fact that it only requires 4 things. I don’t know about you but a delicious meal in under 5 ingredients spells success in my book.
I made this tonight. With it, I served fresh green beans sautéed in a sweet cream butter sauce and mashed potatoes. If only I would have known I’d love this dish so much, I would have made enough for left overs. Keep that in mind when you make this, you will want it again… at midnight.
Easy Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts see note below
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons olive oil
Note: I used frozen thin cut chicken breasts without thawing and it turned out perfect. I tend to avoid thick, bulky chicken breast.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F and lightly grease a casserole dish.
2. In small sauté pan, sauté garlic with the oil until tender.
3. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar.
4. Place chicken breasts in a greased baking dish and cover with the garlic and brown sugar mixture.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until juice runs clear.
Dinner is done, dude.
Do you like this post? Please consider posting it on pinterest! We’ve made it easy, click the “pin it” button below. Thank you :)