Today, I am filling in for Rebekah while she is getting geared up for the holiday and wanted to share with you a fun little treat I made this week.
Move over Rice Krispies… there’s a new crisp cereal in town. Although I am loving the recipe Rebekah posted for the Rice Krispies Wreaths, I wanted to try something else this week.
The idea didn’t really come to my mind until the other day, while at the grocery store, I spotted the fruity pebbles on sale for buy one get one free. Of course, I bought them and then immediately thought about what I am going to do with all that cereal.
That is when Fruity Pebbles Treats came to mind. Now I know these are very popular and pretty much a no-brainer, however, using cute Christmas cookie cutters at the end will surely spice them up and add a Christmas twist.
Fruity Pebbles Treats Recipe
Note: This is the same recipe as the regular Rice Krispies Treats.
Total Time: 15 mins | Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 0 mins
3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter (recommended) *
1 (10 ounce) package regular marshmallows or 4 cups mini marshmallows
6 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
*Using real butter will make them crisp. Using margarine because of the water content, makes for more soggy treats.
Note: Before I begin, I spray PAM Spray in the pot I will be using and on the spoon I will use to stir the mixture with. It seems to make things a little easier to clean.
1. Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add the Fruity Pebbles cereal and stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly into a pan coated with cooking spray (13 x 9 x 2-inch works best but use what you’ve got).
4. Cut into 2-inch squares* when cool. Always best if served the same day, but great stored in a zipped bag.
Need Microwave Directions?
In a large microwave safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
* Once the Fruity Pebbles Treats are done, use your favorite holiday cookie cutters and turn the boring old squares into cute holiday shapes.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.