Words cannot express how fun these games were.
First of all, Tomodachi Life is a fun game because you can create new characters that look like your family and friends. You can also customize their apartments which my daughter LOVED to do. She was always busy changing out their interiors. “Hold on mom, I’m changing their bedding!”
Tomodachi Life allows you to customize your Mii characters’ lives, and witness the unpredictable drama that unfolds as they rock out, eat doughnuts and ride the ups and downs of romance.
• Observe and participate in a vibrant world where unexpected things happen every day. Discover and experience different areas on the island, including shops, a concert hall and an amusement park. Something new and unique can be done at each location, so expect the unexpected every time you check in on your islanders.
• Create Mii characters and customize all aspects of their appearances, and bring them to life by customizing their personalities and voices.
• There are all sorts of activities that you can do with your Mii characters. Find out what they like by watching their reactions to the gifts, foods and items you’ve given them. Play a variety of mini-games with your islanders, or watch them perform songs live on stage. You can also solve their problems to help them level up and unlock new gift items that you can give your Mii characters.
• Create QR codes that saves the appearance, personality and voice settings of your Mii characters.
• Share photos of the fun and humorous events happening on your island via the Nintendo 3DS Image Share Tool. Take a picture of either the top or bottom screen of the Nintendo 3DS system by simply pressing the X or Y button. Sharing is easy with the in-game menu icon that directly lets you access your Nintendo Image Share.
This game allows your children to use their imagination to create characters that are all unique.
The next game my daughter loves to play is Animal Crossing – New Leaf. This was a top choice for the Nintendo party. Here’s why:
In a first for the series, you can become mayor and perform tasks that will directly affect your town. Set town ordinances, like whether shops open later or earlier than usual, and also select public works projects to build around town, including bridges, benches, clocks and new facilities such as the café.
Once you get accustomed to your new life in the game after moving in, the previous mayor, Tortimer, will come visit you in the town to tell you about the tropical island he now lives on. It’s the perfect location to search for unique items and play mini-games. You and up to three others can also participate in a wide variety of fun tours (mini-games). In a series first, you can even rent a wetsuit and dive into the ocean to catch underwater creatures or just leisurely swim around for some virtual exercise.
I couldn’t imagine playing these games on any other devices. The Nintendo 3DS XL is sheer awesomeness. The top screen of the Nintendo 3DS XL system are 90% larger than that of the original Nintendo 3DS, at 4.88 inches. It’s the largest screen on a Nintendo handheld to date! The lower screen is also getting a bump up from 3 inches to 4.18 inches. The Nintendo 3DS XL comes with an estimated 6.5 hours of battery life – a noticeable increase from the 3.5 hours on the original Nintendo 3DS.
3DS XL Features:
– 90% Larger Screen: 4.88-inch stereoscopic screen, compared with a 3.53-inch screen in the current model, nearly double the size
– The lower touch-panel screen will also get a bump to 4.18 inches from 3 inches
– Longer battery life: Outperforms the original Nintendo 3DS. Estimated battery life is 3.5 to 6.5 hours
– AC adapter (no charging cradle)
We hope you take a minute to check out these games, especially if your child already has the 3DS XL! The games are a lot of fun and even the parents enjoy playing them.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.