(Courtesy of Alie Ward & Georgia Hardstark)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For the cookies:
• 1 ½ cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
• ⅓ cup white sugar
• 6 tbsp. salted butter, melted
1. Mix all ingredients until well incorporated and all crumbs are pulverized, then set aside.
For the pie filling:
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
• 2 large eggs
• 1 can (15oz) pumpkin puree (not pie mix)
• 1 can (12oz) sweetened condensed milk
1. Mix sugar, salt, and pie spice in a small bowl, then set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a hand mixer on medium speed, then slowly add the canned pumpkin and the spice mix, followed by the sweetened condensed milk.
3. Mix until well incorporated.
To assemble the cookies:
Roll out the graham cracker mix and, using a cookie cutter or the mouth of a small glass, cut circles and set them upon a cookie sheet. Top each circle with a ½ – 1 tablespoon of the pumpkin mix, then top with another cookie round. Press gently along the edges of the cookies to seal. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cookies are golden brown.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.