As a mom, you know the meaning of productive. In fact, if you looked up the word you’d probably see a picture of your smiling face next to the definition. While productivity is a necessity in your life, you can at least leverage technology from time to time, for a little help in a pinch. These apps to help you do – and enjoy – more every day.
- Kindle for iPhone – You like do not have tons of time to sit around reading the classics, but you’ll be surprised how much of a book you can plow through in your free time on your phone. When you’re waiting in a doctor’s office, grocery store line, or at a kid’s practice, it’s nice to have a book nearby to pass the time and calm your brain for a little while. You don’t need to own an actual Kindle to use the app, and you still have access to Amazon’s massive cloud of magazines and books.
- iCookBook – Ever find yourself in the grocery store, only to realize you have no idea what to whip up for dinner tonight or later this week? There’s an app for that, of course. While a recipe app isn’t the most ingenious of inventions, iCookBook wins out for its usability. The layout itself is impressive and it’s noteworthy that the app uses a team of nutritionists and food experts to put together the dishes.
- gTasks (Google Tasks) – While you can always scribble the things you need to do on the back of an envelope or receipt, why not use that little computer in your pocket? The genius of gTasks is that you can sync the app with your Gmail account, so that you can record tasks at your computer and easily look them up on-the-go using your phone. The app also makes it easy to set up repeating tasks or reminders to do things when you arrive at certain locations.
- MYHABIT – Anyone looking for designer clothes at reasonable prices can find some value in this app. The app gives you access to designer sales that are 60 percent off and more. Browse around at the available items in the fairly smooth layout. It’s not bug free, but it’s a free deal app, after all.
- JellyCar – If you find it valuable to have an app on you phone that can keep the kids busy for a little while, then you might like JellyCar. The app’s purposeful low concept look (think early Microsoft Paint) is fun and easy to use, for kids in a large age range. Once you design your jelly car you can race against the clock in a variety of levels.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.