Lemon lovers rejoice! If you like lemon cake definitely make this. Talk about a crowd pleaser, this is it!
Dinner party, birthday, date night, baby shower or potluck, not a problem. Packed full of lemon flavor in every bite, moist and perfectly light. This is a phenomenal spring/summer cake! Serve up this super lemony delicious slice of heaven and watch it disappear! Note: slice one or two slices off before serving, as your private stash. You’ll be happy you did. Trust me. This lemon roll is always a hit! Every couple of weeks my family request I make this special treat.
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 medium lemon)
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Powdered sugar, to aid in rolling
- *Optional a few drops of yellow food coloring
Lemon Curd Filling:
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
Watch video recipe below:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a jelly roll (10×15″) pan with a Silpat or parchment paper
- Beat eggs and sugar together for 1 minute, add lemon juice, and zest.
- Whisk together salt, baking powder, and flour. Stair into wet ingredients just until blended Note: (I like my cake to look more of a vibrant yellow, to get this look add a few drops of food coloring).
- Spread in prepared pan. Batter will be in a very thin layer and you will need to use a spatula to spread it to all the corners of the pan evenly. Bake for 8-11 minutes (mine took *8).
- While the Cake is baking, set a clean kitchen towel out on a large work surface. Sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar (1/4 cup). As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, turn it over on the kitchen towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Remove Silpat carefully.
- Working at the short end, fold the edge of the towel over the cake. Roll tightly, rolling up the cake into the towel. Let cool completely while rolled, at least one hour.
- While the cake is chilling, make the filling. Beat the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Note: ( I usually make whipping cream first )
- Gently fold in the lemon curd. Chill until ready to use.
- When cake is cool, carefully unroll the towel. Spread the lemon curd whipped cream over the cake.
- Gently but tightly, re-roll the cake and wrap in plastic wrap or foil. Chill until it firms up a bit, at least one hour or overnight. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Slice and serve. Cake will last covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days
Qivana business owner, entrepreneur, wife, and pet parent of two amazing little doxies. My obsession is health and fitness. And when I not trying to stay fit, I’m looking for new eateries. Yes! Eateries! Cooking and baking is a huge passion of mine. Sweets are my weakness, especially anything chocolate!!