We have started a trend with “Meatless Mondays” in our house. Not only is it a fun challenge to make a delicious meal that doesn’t contain any meat, but it is also a day that we can indulge in foods that are generally better for us and just as delicious as their meat counterparts. One of our favorites is taking MorningStar Farms® Buffalo Wings and creating a delicious wrap with them! Putting the spicy veggie wings in a tortilla really make for a fantastic and tasty quick lunch on the go.
“Why a Meatless Monday?”, you might ask. Well I am glad you did. Other than just trying out some new recipes, going meatless a day a week can greatly contribute to your health! Going meatless once a week can help to reduce your risk of some pretty scary, yet preventable chronic conditions like cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and obesity. Why not give one day a week a try, and pick up something tasty from MorningStar Farms®!
If you would like to give the wing wrap recipe a try, then trek on, and follow these simple instructions.
1/2 package MorningStar Farms® Buffalo Wings
1 package (10 oz.) flour tortillas
1 tablespoon taco mix seasoning
1 cup low-fat sour cream
1 cup shredded Mexican-style cheese
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1. Bake MorningStar Farms® Buffalo Wings per package instructions. Slice wings into bite-size pieces when cooled.
2. In a small bowl, stir together sour cream and taco mix seasoning.
3. To make wraps, evenly divide and place shredded cheese in the center portion of flour tortilla followed by wing pieces and green onions.
4. Microwave on HIGH each tortilla, open-faced for about 15 seconds per wrap or until cheese is just melted. Top each with a dollop of the sour cream mixture.
5. Fold over and roll up. Serve seam side down.
Find your fresh take on eating well. Browse hundreds of meat-free recipes at MorningStarFarms.com.
Compensation was provided by Kellogg’s MorningStar via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Kellogg’s MorningStar.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.