These little mini donuts are AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS!! Beyond tempting and scrumptious, you’ll forget there BAKED! Light and fluffy vanilla donuts dipped in chocolate ganache glaze topped with sprinkles, toasted coconut or whatever your heart desires. Fun and easy to make. Great alternative to a “semi-healthy treat” kids will surely love. Guilty pleasure with out any guilt. The best part because there smaller, You can eat more!
View the video recipe below:
Donut Mix Ingredients:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg * optional (gives them that “Bakery donut” taste)
Chocolate Glaze Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup special dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons water
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Toasted unsweetened coconut
- Powdered sugar
- Chopped nuts * optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a donut pan with a non-stick spray. Set aside
- Make the donuts: whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, in nutmeg together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk the egg, brown sugar, milk and sour cream together until smooth. Add the melted butter and vanilla extract, whisking until fully combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not over mix. The batter will be very thick
- I recommend using a large pastry bag or ziplock bag for ease, as shown in the video. Cut a corner at the bottom of the bag pipe then batter into each donut cup, filling 2/3-3/4 of the way full
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove from the pan and bake the remaining donut batter. Allow the donuts to slightly cool before glazing.
Chocolate glaze instructions:
- Place the chocolate chips, butter, honey, and water in a medium bowl.
- Melt chocolate chip ingredients in 22nd increments in the microwave stirring after each time, until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip the tops of the donuts into the chocolate glaze and then cover with sprinkles. ( I simply poured the sprinkles into a deep bowl and dip the tops of the donuts into it.
- Donuts taste best eaten the same day, though they may be covered tightly and stored at room temperature for two days.
- Make ahead tip: you can freeze the unfrosted donuts for up to two months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, warm up to your liking in the microwave, and top with glaze.
Qivana business owner, entrepreneur, wife, and pet parent of two amazing little doxies. My obsession is health and fitness. And when I not trying to stay fit, I’m looking for new eateries. Yes! Eateries! Cooking and baking is a huge passion of mine. Sweets are my weakness, especially anything chocolate!!