The secret to adding sophistication to a summer garden party is about infusing everything, from the cocktails to the centerpieces, with garden scents and flavors. These garden details can be accented with vanilla, a versatile flavor that enhances the natural garden essence in dishes and decorations.
Try these tips for adding elegance and garden tastes into a summer garden soirée:
• Create a summer cocktail favorite with a unique garden twist like Rose Sangria (as shown below), which features Nielsen-Massey Tahitian Pure Vanilla Extract and Rose Water – infusing the drink with light floral flavors.
• Use fresh cut flowers or bunches of herbs tied with a simple ribbon for centerpieces with natural garden fragrance.
• Enhance ripe tomato flavors in a savory appetizer like Lemon-Bleu Stuffed Tomatoes with Pure Lemon Extract.
• Float votive candles in water to add light. Add flower petals and a drop of Nielsen-Massey Rose Water to the water for an authentic garden aroma.
• Intensify summer flavors by mixing Nielsen-Massey Orange Blossom Water with fruit-flavored yogurt as a light citrus topping for a dessert of freshly picked fruit.
As guests arrive, start the party off with a summer cocktail favorite, Rose Sangria. The Nielsen-Massey Tahitian Vanilla extract and Rose Water lighten the drink – allowing the freshness of the lemons and limes to pop. Add sprigs of fresh mint as a garnish for a bright garden taste.
You will need:
1 apple, peeled and quartered
10 whole cloves
1 lemon, thinly sliced rounds
1 lime, thinly sliced rounds
1 orange, thinly sliced rounds
⅓ cup Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar
½ cup brandy, chilled
1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry red wine, chilled
1 ½ cups pulp free orange juice, chilled
¼ teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Rose Water
1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Tahitian Pure Vanilla Extract
fresh mint sprigs for garnish
Stud apple by pushing the clove stems into the prepared apple quarters. In a large glass pitcher, place the clove-studded apple quarters with the citrus fruit slices. Sprinkle Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar over the fruit, pour brandy over the sugared fruit and toss to coat. Place in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours to infuse the flavors. Before serving, remove the clove-studded apple and discard, crush the infused citrus fruits slightly with a wooden spoon. Stir in the wine, orange juice, Nielsen-Massey Rose Water and Nielsen-Massey Tahitian Pure Vanilla Extract. Garnish each glass with a sprig of fresh mint.
Note: Add additional Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar, orange juice or soda water for taste variation. Use a garden staple like freshly picked tomatoes for a delicious appetizer, like this Lemon-Bleu Stuffed Tomatoes recipe, which complements the hint of lemon and vanilla in the Rose Sangria.
Note: The Nielsen-Massey Pure Lemon extract in the dish adds a hint of summer citrus and brightens the flavor of the tomatoes.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.