1 medium red onion, chopped
1/4 cup chicken broth or apple juice
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup zucchini, chopped
1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
2 cups corn (frozen or fresh off the cob)
2 (15 oz) cans whole tomatoes (30 oz. total)
1/2 cup natural brand chunky style salsa
2 (15 oz) cans black beans (30 oz. total)
2 Tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1 bag Mary’s Gone Crackers Chipotle Tomato Pretzels
1 cup cubed tofu
1 cup cooked shredded chicken breasts
1 cup cooked ground turkey breast
1. Rinse beans in colander to remove excess salt.
2. In a large saucepan or skillet, sauté the first 5 ingredients over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
3. Add the next 7 ingredients to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and continue to cook for 20 minutes (cover and stir occasionally).
4. Include any of the optional ingredients and allow to cook until meat is completely cooked.
5. Serve with Mary’s Gone Crackers Chipotle Tomato Pretzels.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.