I love the crockpot (or slow-cooker, if you will) especially on days when I just don’t want to think about doing much or worrying about what to make for dinner. A slow cooker is perfect for a variety of meals, just look at a few that we’ve featured before here.
So this morning, I’ve got that delicious brisket cooking in the crockpot but here’s the inside scoop:
1. Rinse your brisket off with cold water and pat dry.
2. Salt & pepper your brisket on both sides.
3. Brown the brisket (you just salted and peppered) on both sides (I use liquified coconut oil) until brown and crispy. This step is a MUST.
4. Mix 1 cup of orange juice with 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce, 8-10 garlic cloves and a splash of water and pour over the browned meat in the crockpot.
5. Sprinkle brisket with seasonings. I used garlic powder, ancho chili powder, a dash of cinnamon, onion powder, cumin and a little more pepper. You can’t really go wrong with seasonings. They really marinate with the meat and soak down into it to provide a variety of flavors.
Now smell all that deliciousness. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high 4-5. It really depends on how big it is. I usually cook it until it’s literally falling apart.
When it’s done, serve it up with your favorite sides. Maybe you’re in the mood for sweet potatoes or maybe you want to eat it in a stew or with tortillas. The possibilities are endless.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.