This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Visit Gulf County. All opinions are 100% mine.
There is a way to visit Florida without all the hustle and bustle of the theme parks! You can actually enjoy your time without the traffic, rushing around overly expensive souvenirs. It would just be your family and the beautiful outdoors.
Gulf County, Florida makes it easy to live in the moment! There are adventures around every corner. Snorkeling, horseback riding, hiking, camping, and even seawater safaris?! People are friendly and they love where they live. When you’re outside in Gulf County, FL you’ll be sure to find something to do you’ve never done before. GCFL makes you feel alive!
If being outdoors, taking in the fresh air and being adventurous are your passions, challenge your family and yourself to create your adventure in Gulf County. GCFL makes it easy. Learn from the local Gulf County Adventure Guide as if you were going there for your next vacation and join us in conversation on Instagram at #GCFLnofilter
If you go to the Visit Gulf website, you can interact with the Gulf County Adventure Guide. There, you will find LOADS of adventures to do with your family!
The Guide highlights locals to help visitors explore Gulf County. The guide tells stories, offers insider tips, and connects you with their friends.
Some examples of our favorite adventures:
Kayak Through the Dead Lakes
◦ The Dead Lakes get their name from the Cypress and Tupelo trees that stand in the water. When the water is low, you can see the stumps rising out of the swamp. It’s like nothing you’ve seen before. People don’t know what you’re talking about and then they have an “aha” moment when they paddle around the shallows in the South Flats. The stumps are so concentrated; it’s like being on another planet. If you go out early in the morning in April, the birds are all coming into nest and other critters are just showing up. The fog comes off the water. It’s very still, where you feel like you’re in the wilderness.
Wake up early to watch the Dolphin Parade
◦ A family happened to be up early one day and they saw a pod of dolphins playing and chasing a school of fish. They were so close to shore, they could see them from the deck that day. After that, they got up early so they could walk down and see them from the beach. They loved the “dolphin parade” and watched them swim by every day.
Adventure out to a different beach every day
◦ Take your family out to a different beach every day and try out a new adventure. Whether it’s scalloping in the Bay, shelling at the tip of the Cape, or fishing by Indian Pass.
◦ Go out bike riding on an afternoon adventure by the coast. Be sure to watch for Eagles flying by!
◦ Horseback ride right along the beach and watch the sunset over the ocean
◦ Snorkeling, paddleboarding, watching the sunset, or even camping on the beach!
St. Joseph Peninsula State Park
◦ Go for a hike and witness the local wildlife, such as deer, bobcats, squirrels, raccoons, Kingfishers, Great Horn Owl, and even otters!
Rent a charter boat and go “snuba” diving
◦ Snuba allows you to dive with air but without the tank
◦ No special certification is needed
Go on an Ecotour with Captain Charlene from About Fun Charters
◦ Tour St. Joseph Bay at sunset and see birds, fish, sea life and the resident dolphin – Danny. Or is it Dolly? We’re not sure
You have one day left to enter for a chance to win a $50 gift card to have an adventure of their own in their local town! The contest ends today!
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.