I’m so excited for fall, that’s all I have to say about that.
· 1-1/2 cups whole milk
· 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
· 4 large egg yolks
· 2/3 cup granulated sugar
· Pinch of salt
· 1 NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Chai Tea Latte milk capsule, brewed according to package directions (4 fl. oz.)
· 1 NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Chai Tea Latte tea capsule, brewed according to package directions (3.4 fl. oz.)
· HEAT milk and cream in medium saucepan over medium heat just until hot (do not boil). Remove from heat.
· BEAT egg yolks, sugar and salt in large mixer bowl until well combined. Very slowly beat in the milk mixture until combined.
· POUR mixture back into saucepan; heat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture reaches 160° F. This should take about 12 minutes. Do not boil. Stir in chai tea latte. Place mixture in refrigerator for 1 hour or until cool.
· POUR mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
· SERVE immediately for a soft-serve texture or transfer to a covered container and freeze for a firmer texture.
Recipe courtesy of Nescafé Dolce Gusto, a leader in specialty coffee beverages.