It’s April Fools Day tomorrow, so what better way to celebrate by creating some fun recipes to fool your kids! Here are a few of our favorites:
Cheeseburger in Paradise Cookies
Yield: 20 cookies
2 (12 ounce) boxes vanilla wafers
1 egg white
1/4 cup sesame seeds
4 cups sifted powdered sugar
4 -5 teaspoons milk
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
green food coloring
yellow food coloring
red food coloring
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
2 (10 ounce) packages peppermint patties (anything resembling the girl scouts’ “thin mints”)
1. Place whole, perfect vanilla wafers on 2 trays; one with wafers facing up, the other with wafers facing down.
2. Each tray should have the same number of wafers (35-40).
3. Brush wafers (rounded side up) with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
4. Set aside.
5. To color coconut, place in small container with several drops of green food coloring.
6. shake well and let sit.
7. To make”cheese” frosting, whip powdered sugar and milk together til smooth.
8. add yellow and red food coloring til desired orange tint is achieved.
9. To assemble”cheeseburgers”, use dab of frosting to glue peppermint cookies into place on to wafer (flat side up).
10. This is your”burger”.
11. Now spread frosting”cheese” on and sprinkle with green coconut”lettuce”.
12. Dab with frosting again and top with sesame wafer.
13. Repeat until all “burgers” are made.
Hot Dog Cookies with Relish and Mustard
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.