(Courtesy of Alie Ward & Georgia Hardstark)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For the cookies:
• 1 ½ cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
• ⅓ cup white sugar
• 6 tbsp. salted butter, melted
1. Mix all ingredients until well incorporated and all crumbs are pulverized, then set aside.
For the pie filling:
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
• 2 large eggs
• 1 can (15oz) pumpkin puree (not pie mix)
• 1 can (12oz) sweetened condensed milk
1. Mix sugar, salt, and pie spice in a small bowl, then set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a hand mixer on medium speed, then slowly add the canned pumpkin and the spice mix, followed by the sweetened condensed milk.
3. Mix until well incorporated.
To assemble the cookies:
Roll out the graham cracker mix and, using a cookie cutter or the mouth of a small glass, cut circles and set them upon a cookie sheet. Top each circle with a ½ – 1 tablespoon of the pumpkin mix, then top with another cookie round. Press gently along the edges of the cookies to seal. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cookies are golden brown.