Shopping around for a car seat can be quite overwhelming. There are so many option, styles, and opinions as to which car seat is the “best” car seat out there. Having had a child before, I knew which type of things I did not want in a car seat. I wanted an infant car seat that would take us up to a year and then I wanted a convertible car seat that will be the car seat my child will be in until he is out of a booster seat. You spend so much money on them that I want not only my monies worth but one that I can trust to keep my children safe.
After doing a lot of research and visiting our local Babies R Us thousands of times, I was 110% sure that the onBoard35 Air Infant Car Seat would be perfect for our family. It filled all our needs and more.
Seriously, this car seat is awesome! How is it awesome you ask?
- The onBoard 35 Air fits any baby as small as 4 pounds up until 35 pounds. The average one year old weighs around 22 pounds.
- There is extra leg room for your child. Yep, my son is in the 80th percentile for his height and fit comfortably in this car seat.
- When on the floor, this car seat can be used like a rocker. Saved our sanity MANY times. I would just put my foot under the front and slowly rock it back and forth keeping my son sleeping peacefully.
- The sun shade can be easily moved. So if your child needed more protection in front of him, you can adjust the shade to do so.
- Features Air Protect™ which is a revolutionary side impact technology that immediately reduces side impact forces through the precise release of air
- Has a customizable insert and low harness slots that make the seat ideal for preemies and adjustable for growing babies
- Has a one Click LATCH installation system
We recently switched him into a convertible car seat. Not because he no longer fits into the infant seat anymore, but because we felt it was the right time to switch him to a “big boy” car seat. Looking for a great convertible car seat was so easy. We LOVED the infant car seat we had with Safety 1st and knew we would stay with them for future car seats. I had my eye on the Complete Air 65 and I am so glad we went with this car seat!
Safety 1st brings revolutionary Air Protect™ Side Impact Technology to your family with the Complete Air 65 Convertible Car Seat. Safety experts agree: Keep children rear-facing longer and keep forward-facing children in harnesses longer. The Complete Air 65 keeps your child well protected through two separate stages: from 5-40 pounds as a rear-facing infant car seat and from 22-65 pounds as a forward-facing toddler car seat. With up-front harness adjustment and easy-adjust headrest, you’ll appreciate the convenience features offered by the Complete Air 65 Convertible Car Seat just as much as the added safety.
- Rear-facing car seat: 5-40 pounds and 19-40 inches
- Forward-facing car seat: 22-65 pounds and 34-52 inches
- Air Protect™ Revolutionary Side Impact Technology: Breakthrough system shields head and immediately reduces side impact forces through the precise release of air
- QuickFit™ Harness System adjusts harness height from the front in one easy step without uninstalling from the car
- Harness accommodates children up to 65 pounds
- 5-position adjustable headrest easily accommodates your growing child
- Front harness adjustment for easy use
- Removable cup holder
- LATCH equipped
- Washable seat pad
Check out why side Safety 1st’ Air Protect Technology is so important. The video shows the impact testing in action as well as more details about this wonderful car seat:
The Complete Air 65 is truly a wonderful car seat that will help keep your child safe. It has a retail value of $179.99 which makes it more affordable than other competing car seats.
To learn more about Safety 1st car seats and check out all their products, please visit their website at: www.safety1st.com
*Disclaimer- I personally bought the infant car seat but was given a convertible car seat to review. However, all opinions are strictly my own.*