The secret to adding sophistication to a summer garden party is about infusing everything, from the cocktails to the centerpieces, with garden scents and flavors. These garden details can be accented with vanilla, a versatile flavor that enhances the natural garden essence in dishes and decorations.
Try these tips for adding elegance and garden tastes into a summer garden soirée:
• Create a summer cocktail favorite with a unique garden twist like Rose Sangria (as shown below), which features Nielsen-Massey Tahitian Pure Vanilla Extract and Rose Water – infusing the drink with light floral flavors.
• Use fresh cut flowers or bunches of herbs tied with a simple ribbon for centerpieces with natural garden fragrance.
• Enhance ripe tomato flavors in a savory appetizer like Lemon-Bleu Stuffed Tomatoes with Pure Lemon Extract.
• Float votive candles in water to add light. Add flower petals and a drop of Nielsen-Massey Rose Water to the water for an authentic garden aroma.
• Intensify summer flavors by mixing Nielsen-Massey Orange Blossom Water with fruit-flavored yogurt as a light citrus topping for a dessert of freshly picked fruit.
As guests arrive, start the party off with a summer cocktail favorite, Rose Sangria. The Nielsen-Massey Tahitian Vanilla extract and Rose Water lighten the drink – allowing the freshness of the lemons and limes to pop. Add sprigs of fresh mint as a garnish for a bright garden taste.
You will need:
1 apple, peeled and quartered
10 whole cloves
1 lemon, thinly sliced rounds
1 lime, thinly sliced rounds
1 orange, thinly sliced rounds
⅓ cup Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar
½ cup brandy, chilled
1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry red wine, chilled
1 ½ cups pulp free orange juice, chilled
¼ teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Rose Water
1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Tahitian Pure Vanilla Extract
fresh mint sprigs for garnish
Stud apple by pushing the clove stems into the prepared apple quarters. In a large glass pitcher, place the clove-studded apple quarters with the citrus fruit slices. Sprinkle Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar over the fruit, pour brandy over the sugared fruit and toss to coat. Place in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours to infuse the flavors. Before serving, remove the clove-studded apple and discard, crush the infused citrus fruits slightly with a wooden spoon. Stir in the wine, orange juice, Nielsen-Massey Rose Water and Nielsen-Massey Tahitian Pure Vanilla Extract. Garnish each glass with a sprig of fresh mint.
Note: Add additional Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar, orange juice or soda water for taste variation. Use a garden staple like freshly picked tomatoes for a delicious appetizer, like this Lemon-Bleu Stuffed Tomatoes recipe, which complements the hint of lemon and vanilla in the Rose Sangria.
Note: The Nielsen-Massey Pure Lemon extract in the dish adds a hint of summer citrus and brightens the flavor of the tomatoes.