Makes: 6 cups
Serving size: ½ cup
* 2 cups rolled oats
* 1 cup unsweetened coconut
* 1 tsp salt
* 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
* 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
* ¼ cup sunflower oil
* ½ cup maple syrup
* ¼ cup honey
* ½ cup dried, unsweetened fruit
1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
2. Spread the oats and coconut on a baking sheet with sides. Sprinkle with salt and cinnamon and bake for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the ingredients are lightly toasted but not yet golden. Transfer the ingredients to a large bowl.
3. Increase the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease the baking sheet with oil.
4. Stir the maple syrup, oil and honey together in a small bowl, pour over the oats, coconut, and seeds, and toss evenly to coat. Spread the granola onto the baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the granola is just crispy and golden brown, stirring several times while baking. Add the dried fruit when there is about 10 minutes left.
Let the granola cool completely on the baking sheet, breaking up any large clumps while it’s still warm.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.