Michael Dueñas, celebrity hairstylist and founder of Hair Room Service was responsible for Taryn Manning’s retro hair on the red carpet at the Emmys. Here are some tips directly from Micael regarding Taryn’s look:
· Starting on damp hair add 2 golf ball sizes of OSiS+ Grip and a few spritz of OSiS+ Session Label Flexible Hold Hairspray to the roots.
· Blow dry with a Denman brush or vent brush, focusing on adding volume at the scalp.
· Take a deep side parting, just past the mid of the eyebrow.
· On the heavy side of the head, start at the top, take an inch thick section from the crown to the hairline, split that section in to 1-inch sections.
· Using a 1/2 inch curling, curl the 1-inch sections towards the face and pin till they are cool.
· Work in this same way, from behind the ear forward, curling all the hair and pinning.
· On the lighter side of the head, take 1-inch thick sections from just behind the ear, holding your iron horizontal curl the entire section at once away from the face, work from the parting down till you have curled all the hair.
· Working on the back of the head, take 2-inch sections in a brick-lay pattern and curl each section, vertically in different directions.
· Using a wide toothcomb, comb out the curls in the front, forming them into a wave.
· Brush out the rest of the head with your fingers and touch up with a Mason Pearson.
· Finish the look with OSiS+ Session Label Strong Hold Hairspray.
You can view other images on Instagram @michaelduenas.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.