This is a seasonal treat that everyone at your Thanksgiving table will be able to enjoy!
No Bake Pumpkin Pie (Gluten Free)
2 1/4 cup ground raw hazelnuts
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup coconut oil
9 dates, stoned
– Place hazelnuts and cocoa powder in a large bowl and mix well, breaking up any lumps.
– Add coconut oil to powder mixture and mix well.
– Place dates in a small bowl and mash with a fork.
– Add dates to dough-like mixture and combine well with hands.
– Place crust into 9-inch round pie pan.
– Place crust in refrigerator while making filling.
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon molasses
2 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
-Beat cream cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric stand mixer until smooth and creamy. Both fats should be well softened to ensure the filling is lump free.
-Add the powdered sugar to the mixture and beat until smooth and fluffy.
-Add the vanilla extract, molasses, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree and beat until thoroughly combined. If you find that your filling is lumpy, pass it through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
-Spoon the filling into the pie shell. Let pie chill in the fridge overnight. (very important that it chills overnight or it won’t setup)
Created by Chef Justin Swain of Rex 1516 in Philadelphia
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.