Actually, my kids call this sweet potato cake… It tastes so amazing. So if you’re looking for a healthy casserole, THIS is not it. I could eat this every single night. And left overs are even better! And it compliments all meats. In fact, this is the sweet potato dish we eat on Thanksgiving… There is quite a few steps. And it takes an hour to be ready… But if you can ignore the amazing aroma, it is sooooo worth it. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (Optional)
SWEET POTATO MIXTURE:
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (You can use canned to save time like I did, just be sure to drain. I’ve also used whole sweet potatoes, but be sure to cook these until soft first)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon banilla
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- Combine brown sugar, flour, butter, and nuts into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine Sweet Potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Stacey is definitely a Modern Day Mom. She is a full time wife and mother of 2 and a part time hairstylist.